Best safety advice I have been given?
Over the last 30 years I have been given so much great advice and thought I would share some top tips for you:
- Coach, coach, coach
- To learn that safety Is not all about following regulations. Safety is working and thinking in a safe way so that all employees can go home to their families every day.
- Think about what you are doing, every action has a reaction
- Concentrate on the task in hand
- Update information on a regular basis and communicate it in all channels
- Do your research and find out as much information as you can and forward it on
- Don’t listen to everyone telling tales
- Talk to the staff that actually do the work – they are the experts as they are doing to everyday
- Everyday is a learning day
- Learn about your staff and how the work, act, think.
- Listen and have open discussions, however uncomfortable is maybe
- Communication is so important for everyone
- True safety is about leadership
- Add value to people’s day/lives
- Listen to the people that are as passionate about safety as you are
- Start at the bottom and work your way up
- Safety culture is so important
- Have patience – you can’t fix everything at once
- Involve all the staff in the systems – this way they will really support you and the systems you are trying to create
- Learn about understanding people – this will make life so much easier in everyway.
Please contact Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07770 302504.