As many of you may know I have always had an interest in Sustainability and the Environment and recently was asked to support a huge accreditation submission.
So many of the questions were related to the Environment and Sustainability – rightly so as it is so very important. I found myself a bit lost and not knowing 100% how to help. So, I took myself off that weekend and did an online 2-day course and really enjoyed it so then booked myself onto a 5 day management course and have never looked back.
I have been working with many of my existing clients and have also supported many others in the last few months.
Here is something that I work from to begin the process, I hope you find it useful.
Here are some great ideas for your Sustainable goals this year –
There are 17 of them:
- End poverty in all its forms, everywhere.
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all, at all ages.
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all.
- Promote sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- Build, resilient, infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation.
- Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe resilient and sustainable.
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Conserve and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Protect, restore, and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat, desertification and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, promote access to justice for all and build effective accountable and inclusive institutions all levels.
- Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development.